lunes, 31 de agosto de 2015

For my grandmother cooking

In literature poetry we were working with two poems this last term. they were "Stabat mater" and "For my grandmother knitting". Finally, we had to write a poem related to family similar to those. We had to choose one of them. I chose the one of "My grandmother knitting" and I wrote about my granny cooking. Then  we had to mark two literary devices.




For my grandmother cooking

It smells like roses in the kitchen,
the sound of my belly is 
like a heavy metal band.
With her hands, she paints art
in the cookies

I feel sweet hot sweets 
from the kitchen. They
are gold in my eyes.
As if I were looking at 
jewelry in the tray

She smiles at me with
her sweetness reflected 
in her eyes and with 
such love, she gives me 
her work of art

Literary devices

Similie
Metaphor



1 comentario:

  1. Great work. Your poem is really cute and the similes and metaphors you´ve come up with are really enjoyable. Congratulations!!
    9 (nine)

    ResponderEliminar